Then Red River may be the place for you! For many Red River mavericks,
it's a quality of life issue. Quality that includes pure mountain air and clear crystal water, fresh snow on the ski mountain, and outstanding views at 8,750 feet. Folks in Red River love where they live and enjoy life in the pines. Filled with attitude and innovation, people in Red River think it's okay to mix business with pleasure every chance they get. Our guests appreciate it, and we have a blast.
As Red River continues to grow, there are many reasons you might want to consider buying a home or business here. Let one of our many qualified realtors help you find the perfect home, whether it be for permanent relocation or an investment opportunity.
If you are interested in purchasing commercial space to open or relocate a business, contact our Economic Development Department today for an information portfolio.
Learn about RED RIVER'S COMPREHENSIVE PLAN »
Mountains of Opportunity for Business and Pleasure
Red River, New Mexico boasts an ideal climate for incomparable mountain living and starting a new business. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a zest for life among the pines, Red River is your kind of town.
The things that make Red River an excellent vacation destination also make it a wonderful place to call home. Our town has a true sense of community and neighborly spirit. Expect a relaxed pace of life and an abundance of things to do, wrapped in miles of natural beauty just outside your door. That’s not to mention the best of every season from sparkling white winters to sunny 75º summers. Red River is nestled in northern New Mexico’s beautiful Sangre de Cristo Mountains, close to many things, but far enough away to feel a world apart. With high-speed Internet, an expanding regional transit system, and a dynamic economic development plan underway, it’s an exciting time to be a part of Red River’s business community. There are plenty of great opportunities for entrepreneurs:
Prime Real Estate Available
- There are seven highly qualified real estate firms to help you make the best decision for your business or home.
- Commercial space is available along Main Street, which receives an estimated 300,000 visitors annually.
- As a resort community, Red River’s property values have historically remained constant, showing gradual increase over time.
Excellent Business Investments
- Two new development projects in Red River will make way for increased traffic in upcoming years.
- T-1 digital service and high-speed wireless broadband Internet service available.
- New Mexico’s property taxes are among the lowest in the nation.
- Red River’s infrastructure has plenty of room for growth.
Dynamic Economic Development Initiatives
- Red River is working closely with the New Mexico Economic Development Department to become a “Certified Community,” making the statement that we are willing to invest in the infrastructure that successful, growing businesses need.
- Red River’s Economic Development Organization, consisting of representatives from local and regional businesses, is working to establish ways we can provide assistance in infrastructure, zoning, and relocation needs for new businesses.
- The Red River Community House provides seasonal training sessions to workers in the hospitality industry to ensure that employees in Red River are prepared to make your business a success.